Looking for an AERATOR.

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ACutAbovesiny, Sep 24, 2006.

1. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I can tell you what not to get - We got a couple of Bluebird 530's - they leave you (er - by you I mean employees:laugh:) dead beat tired at the end of the day.

As everyone else has suggested - look into the Plugr Hydro - for a wb aerator - I dont think it can be beat.

2. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Alot of good suggestions. Looks like I'll be shopping around for a good price on the plugr hydro. Thanks alot guys.

3. Turf Manager

Turf Manager LawnSite Member

They now make a new pl1600 which aerates 45" inches wide. Looks like a great machine. I have a pl800 the second best aerator ever used, Ga30 would be the best, but to costly for lawn care work.

4. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

i bought myself a Classen TA25 split drive aerator, i love it.

5. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I just watched the video on Plugr's website. It looks like a great machine. How is it able to spin right around without tearing up the turf?

6. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a tow behind Bluebird aerator that I pull behind my Scag ZTR. Love it....

7. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

here's a pic of the 42" core aerator that goes on one of my 230 Steiners. Does a great job and when you need to turn, simply raise and no tearing of turf.............Lynn

lawn and kitchen 005.jpg

8. ACutAbovesiny

I have a Classen thatcher and I love it. Not sure of the model though...ill have to look at it.

9. ACutAbovesiny

I have a Classen thatcher and I love it. Not sure of the model though...ill have to look at it.

10. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Plugr! - Excellent machine. Used it today on a steep steep hill, and jus twalked right along it.