1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for an AERATOR.

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ACutAbovesiny, Sep 24, 2006.

1. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I can tell you what not to get - We got a couple of Bluebird 530's - they leave you (er - by you I mean employees:laugh:) dead beat tired at the end of the day.

As everyone else has suggested - look into the Plugr Hydro - for a wb aerator - I dont think it can be beat.

2. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Alot of good suggestions. Looks like I'll be shopping around for a good price on the plugr hydro. Thanks alot guys.

3. Turf Manager

Turf Manager LawnSite Member

They now make a new pl1600 which aerates 45" inches wide. Looks like a great machine. I have a pl800 the second best aerator ever used, Ga30 would be the best, but to costly for lawn care work.

4. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

i bought myself a Classen TA25 split drive aerator, i love it.

5. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I just watched the video on Plugr's website. It looks like a great machine. How is it able to spin right around without tearing up the turf?

6. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a tow behind Bluebird aerator that I pull behind my Scag ZTR. Love it....

7. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

here's a pic of the 42" core aerator that goes on one of my 230 Steiners. Does a great job and when you need to turn, simply raise and no tearing of turf.............Lynn

lawn and kitchen 005.jpg

8. ACutAbovesiny

I have a Classen thatcher and I love it. Not sure of the model though...ill have to look at it.

9. ACutAbovesiny

I have a Classen thatcher and I love it. Not sure of the model though...ill have to look at it.

10. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Plugr! - Excellent machine. Used it today on a steep steep hill, and jus twalked right along it.