Looking for asv rc30 drive motor parts

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by swanny, Feb 3, 2011.

1. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

ASV dealers can only sell me entire drive motor....$1600

Local Eaton distributors can sell me drive motor...$850 but can't get it till June (proprietary part built for ASV).

My wheel mount flange (where the drive motor gets bolted to the frame...4 bolts) is cracked around the shaft seal....

Looking for a good one if anyone has an old drive motor laying around...will pay for it. PM me. Thanks!

Called many a salvage yard with no success.

2. swanny

Found this place that specializes in ASV parts (might be helpful to someone, just not me today):

http://www.trackloaderparts.com/?asvparts

RC30 drive motors are $1400 PT30 drive motors are $900. Eaton vs. Sauer

3. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

How did this happen? Did the outer drive bearing go first?

4. swanny

Good question... some (swann) body was in a hurry and tried to drive the shaft seal outwards and cracked the housing around it in a couple places before they knew what was going on. Hard to believe they get so much money for these units...they are pretty simple inside.

5. skidsteer

skidsteer LawnSite Member

try loaderpartssource.com

6. swanny

Yes, did try them yesterday...they were looking. Thanks!

7. Ausman

Ausman LawnSite Senior Member

go see a dealer and he will have a bundle of them with broke drive motor shafts! what is your serial number?

8. greyim

greyim LawnSite Member

Hi again Swanny...
    parts here arealso pretty exy of course, I'm paying $850 for shaft and seals.
    Whilst I wait, does the whole motor have to come out or can I get away with taking off the just the front end do you think?
    Graham down under

9. swanny

I'd say pull the whole thing to make life simple. I R&R'd a drive motor last evening without taking off the track or any wheels. Took about 2.5 hours.

10. greyim

greyim LawnSite Member

2.5 hrs wish you were my mechanic... took me about 7 hrs each way. but that includes trips to the shop for thisnthat and sanity breaks!
    But how do you get motor out without removing wheels???!!