1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Bad Boy ROPS...

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by AAALOUIE, Mar 20, 2011.

1. AAALOUIE

AAALOUIE LawnSite Member

Just by chance.....anybody have a folding ROPS to fit an 09 Bad Boy Lightning. They are an option for Bad Boy and I did not order one.... Now I need one and thought I would check on here first. I know I have seen a couple of posts where people have renoved their ROPS.... So.... just checking...

2. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

why do you need one? Those things are more likely to kill you than save your life. Your mower didn't come them so why bother.

3. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

$299 new, they are not much just to order new. I have a set off my 722D Grasshopper, I would give you for free, but they wont fit....

4. AAALOUIE

AAALOUIE LawnSite Member

OK....last time I checked the ROPS for my 09 Lightning was around $500. The newer models were $299. Now they are $299 for all models. Wonder if the ROPS comes with a seat belt?

5. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Yes they do, when you have a rops on your machine, you are supposed to have your seatbelt on at all times....lol. On the hopper we had the rops came off after tearing a blooming dogwood in half on the first yard I got, and the seatbelt got permantly buckled. I want to jump away from and have nothing to do with the mower if it actually rolled over....lol.