Looking for best cheapest trinmer racks.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Holland, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in need for a three position trimmer rack. I don't want to spend a lot of money no more than $150. I see some jungle Jim's on eBay for $129 shipped. I also have seen others on eBay as low as $65 shipped. Any ones you guys recommend?

Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

I bought one on Ebay for 65 shipped. Its a 3 trimmer rack, Homemade ofcourse but its brand new and great. It doesn't lock but I have the luxury to have my trailer in doors. There was just a negative thread on here about the jungle jim racks. Do a search for it.

3. InspiredLawns

InspiredLawns LawnSite Member

I have a set from Trinity Iron Images. I bought the rack that mounts to the side rail of an open trailer and goes down to the floor of the trailer. They do have a version that mounts to the top of the rail,(I didnt think that it would be as strong as mounting to inside of the rail). They are lockable with one lock.
    $137.00 including shipping. I like them a lot. My next purchase is going to be a blower rack.
    Also, they are made in the :usflag:
    http://www.trinityironimages.net/lockable-trimmer-edger-racks.html

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

'Best' and 'cheapest' generally don't go together. Try for one or the other.

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

TG2000 off ebay. Been using for years no problems. If your trimmers spin some tape or foam on the latch and you're good.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

you get what you pay for personally $230 to protect $1500 is cheap for the green touch xtreme

7. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

you definately get what you pay for! bought a set from lowes for $75 and they were crap!

8. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

so you paid $65 plus shipping for a homemade rack? You should have drove 20 mins to the dealer and bought a brand new locking rack for $95 The one luxury you dont have is working in a low income neighborhood and someone stealing your ryobi trimmer when you are cutting the backyard

9. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

If your rocking ryobi you are gangsta. Word.
    Posted via Mobile Device