Looking For Compost Tea Concentrate

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by rstrman, Jul 20, 2009.

1. rstrman

rstrman LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where I can find an instant compost tea type product other than through ICT Organics? I have emailed them looking for more information on their products and they are either having email issues or too busy to respond. Any company names, or links would be appreciated.

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Apologies if we have not responded, when did you email us. We get 100's a week so it is certainly possible that one slipped through.
    sorry about that

Please send it again directly to me and I will take care of it
    bill@ictorganics.com

3. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

Put some compost (10%) in a bucket of water; stir like mad over 8 hours periodically; strain with 800 to 1000 micron mesh, dilute, apply.

4. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL

I do like ICT because you can tell the customer what is in it and show them it on paper but there is also nothing wrong with mixing your own.

Hey Tim I pm'ed you, if you can get back to me that would be great. Thanks!

5. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

My arms hurt just thinking about it.

BTW Tim, your brewer is working fine. As soon as I get the microscope I'll write a review for you.

6. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

If you take 5gal bucket and do what Tim suggested a regular shovel works fantastic to mix the contents up. All you have to do is move it back and forth acouple times to get the sediment mixed up real good. You can even do that a couple times every couple hours and it works fine.

My Dad makes fun of me because I talk about anerobic this and aerobic that and he says "I've been doing manure tea for 40yrs, all you do is put some horse pies in a 55gal drum half then leave it out in the sun for a couple days while mixing here and there and you have better stuff than you make so don't make such a big deal about it".