Looking for contacts and a trailer in Central KY

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Spratz86, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Spratz86

Spratz86 LawnSite Member

Hello all. I'm new to the forum and commecial mowing. I'll only be doing part time for a while to test the waters. Any way, I'm in need of a trailer - looking for a 6 x 12, double axle, lightly used at decent price. Suggestions appreciated!

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

2 axles on a 6 x 12 is over kill.

3. Spratz86

Spratz86 LawnSite Member

Turf Docter - thanks for the reply. I think you might be right - just wanting to make sure I got a trailer strong enough to haul my 1000' mower, plus gas, trimmers, etc., and have some room left over in case I expand. What I've seen so far is 3500' axles, with a GVMW of 2000'. If I add another heavy mower, I'd probably be over the weight of a single axle. Should I be looking for a bigger trailer?

4. TURF DOCTOR

I have 3 trailer dealers close 1 sells gaters steel, never stopped and looked much we run box trailers. need any more help ask me

5. Spratz86

Spratz86 LawnSite Member

There are two dealers up here, Tractor Supply has some cheap looking trailers for outrageous prices and they move them like crazy. Another dealer sales Gator USA trailers, but the single axle 6x12 with a gate is about $300 more than I want to spend - that's why I'm looking for used. There's a guy selling on EBay out of Somerset KY has a 6x12 single axle w/gate for $850 - one year warranty - would you know anything about him?

6. TURF DOCTOR

No,it is late in the season to buy might find a deal this winter drought took it's toll on lawncare this season might find a deal.