Looking for decent 48" walk behind

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking for a half-way decent 48 walk behind. I dont have a ton of money to spend, but I need a mower. Preferably in the Ohio area please. Dont really care if it is a hydro or a belt drive. Thanks, Tom

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you tired looking on ebay?

3. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

We are in CT and have an ExMark belt drive 48" with a 17hp kawi, low hours. PM me for the rest of the particulars.
    Mark

4. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

It was mentioned in another thread that Lesco has a sale going on right now. I got the brochure yesterday too. $500 off regular price on their hydro WBs and $200 off on the belt-driven ones, so the 48 inchers are $3799 and $2599 respectively, for the time being. I doubt if you can do much better than that on eBay and of course it'll be brand new and comes with a warranty. And of course there is also the Quick 44 which many consider to be a real bargin.

5. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a Snapper Pro 48" belt drive walkbehind with jungle wheels for sale here on lawnsite. I'd take 1000 for it straight up. You would have to pay for shipping. It's a good machine and needs nothing-turnkey and mow!:usflag:

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Appreciate everything guys:waving: But as I said, I am looking for something a little closer, possibly in ohio

7. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

In Central IL. I got a JD 54in WB in good shape with a 17hp Kawisaki engine. Let me know if ur interested. -Mitch-

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

How much do you want for it?? How old, hours, how good a shape is it in?? thanks

9. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Its a 1993 John Deere 17/54. Its got a 17hp Kawisaki engine and a 54' rebuilt/repainted deck. It has about 1700 hours and comes with the JD bagger and some extra parts. Its gear driven and cuts great and is great when mulching leaves. Pricing wise, shoot me an offer and we'll talk from there. Heres a link to where the picture is. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=173177 -Mitch-

10. loser269mm

loser269mm LawnSite Member

It has a new kawasaki motor (paid $800 installed) and a new catcher(paid $200). I use the motor for 1 season(last year) mowed 3 lawns a week. I used the catcher maybe 10 times.Im asking $600 for it. I live in Lorain ,Ohio its about 30-40 minutes west of Cleveland. My # 440-949-0645. lawn mower & bike 005.jpg

lawn mower & bike 005.jpg