looking for decent inexpensive blades...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Up North, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Anyone have a good source for blades? I currently use the Gator Magnums & the Oregon OEM high lifts on my Snapper Fastback Pro. I love the Gators, the OEM blades I'm less then impressed with, seems like they ding and chip much easier then the Gators.

Anyway, my dilemma is this, we have very sandy soil around here. I'm constantly sucking tons of sand into my deck and it really wears the blades out fast. I'm thingking about going to a lower foil for less suction but then my stripes my not look as good. I'm paying my local dealer $19 per Gator and $11 per OEM blade. I know I can get them cheaper but wanted to give my local dealer the business, but at this rate I need to find another source. I know of J Thomas but haven't been impressed with them as they don't stock much for the Snapper products. Any ideas? Thanks!

Buck

2. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

MowtownUSA

http://stores.ebay.com/Mowtownusa

I've ordered from them before, they have good prices, quick service. I ordered Gators and High Lifts, they were Oregon blades. If you don't see the blades you need, just email them. They'll likely have what you need.

3. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

Try this place they are reasonably priced and to me always had fast service God luck ,Tony J

MOW PRODUCTS, INC.
    RT. 5 Box 21630
    Hawkinsville, GA 31036
    (478) 783-3455
    Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00PM EST

If you have a question email us@

mowproducts@comsouth.net

4. Up North

from MN

thanks guys, I'll look into it.

Buck

5. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Give us a try.

6. Up North

from MN

I'll call you tomorrow.

Buck

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

cant you get them sharpened for like $5 a blade?

8. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Whats Wrong w/J-Thomas ?...I Just got a Big Box of Gators for Around $6 a Blade...They are $25 a Pop in Canada....I'm Selling them on Street corners and Back Alleys for $19.95 No Tax.

gator Mag.JPG

9. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Fairyway, all of your pics look the same, like they were taken in a dark closet. That Fuji you use is capable of taking much better pics than that so it must be operator error. When are you going learn how to use the software that came with it? Post that pic on a non-lawncare forum and no one would know they were mower blades. Get with the program.

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

There Must be a Problem w/Your Monitor...My Pic Looks Much Better on My Monitor...Sharp Edges...Nice Contrast...Correct Lighting....I'm Using a Large High Performance Flat Panel...Mabe that's Why ?