Looking for Echo list prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eruuska, Nov 4, 2004.

1. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have a set of list prices for Echo handheld equipment? I did a search and didn't find one.

Thanks,
    Eric

2. CathyLynn

CathyLynn LawnSite Member

your locqal dealer wshould gladly give you a copy of the list prices of all echo equipment--it's all on one page.Nothing about echo--or for that matter any equipment is top secret! There's no secrets inthis industry.

If you do noy have access to a local dealer, PM to me and I will send you what you ask for.

3. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Hold on! I just want to warn you i have a echo pb603 with maybe 60-70 hours on it. The engine is shot and I kept everything in proper order. I also have a three year old trimmer and have had to replace two carbs and a throttle cable. My point being is that echo has lost its quality and you should save the money and get redmax or shindaiwa. Also sthil is very good. My dealer has lowered sales of echo and focused more on the shindaiwa, redmax and sthil. I am not bashing echo I am just warning you and all the other landscapers out there that echo may bring you problems that end up wasting you money. Good luck though.

4. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I guess they changed their website... for the worse. They used to have the prices listed for each item, and you could select several similar items and get a summary page comparison.

5. CathyLynn

Sure sounded like you were bashing Echo..You can have problems with any piece of equipment. I look in our 2 cycle repair room and see an even mix of Echo, Stihl, JD, Redmax & Shind--the problems with all of them are usually very similar.

I see the same mix in our service area--Dixie, Scag, Exmark, Bobcat, Hustler

Another Lawnsite member just posted regarding a brand new Redmax completly coming apart on him.

New trucks come with warranties too--the world is still not perfect!

6. jaguar4000

jaguar4000 LawnSite Member

you got that right Cathylyn- I myself have never had any major probs w/ any 2 cycle equipment-especially Echo. Have run echo, shindaiwa, and husqvarna but mostly echo. Have an Echo 1600 hedge trimmer that is 15 yrs old and still getting it done. It was used heavily commercial the first 6 yrs and that is here in Florida where we use them year round. I am out of the biz now but maintain 19 acres. Have had such great luck w/ Echo that I now purchase only Echo 2 cycle equipment. Puchased an Echo pole saw earlier this year and just recently purchased an Echo auger w/ 10" drill bit. They both work awesome. Still have a husqvarna trimmer and a shindaiwa 14" chain saw that is 15 yrs old. Cannot knock them at all- but Echo has definately NOT lost any of its quality as someone posted earlier. Just my 2 cents FWIW.

7. CathyLynn

Thanks Jag

Try the SHC 210 hedge trimmer sometime-- a lot easier on your back.

We have some older echo trimmers that just won't quite, along with some really antique echo backpacks--we also have a shinda backpack thats about 8 yrs oild and looks like it was run over by a Scag--still runs great!

Thanks for your support here!

8. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I've used Echo trimmers for the last 10 yrs. But I have not liked the new ones. 3 of my last 4 Echo's have been a huge dissapointment. My 260 trimmer is 1 yr old had to replace a coil, still cuts out when in a certain position. Tried fuel filter, and clunk in tank still no luck. My hand held blower is the hardest starting machine I've owned. My 2601 is weak in it's 2nd yr, will not start when cold. I guess what my point is the old machines were great, but the new ones are not near as good as they used to be. My dealer even admits it.

9. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

A lot of equipment isn't as good as it used to be.

10. CathyLynn

Yes MJB we agree totally that the older stuff seemed to run a lot better and longer! A lot of the problems is leaning them out to meet emission controls! The 260's we buy today are no match for simialr sized trimmers of 5 to 8 years ago!

We all just have to make the best of it. Do try the 260T coming out--a change in the head gear ratio sure seemed to have given it a lot more muscle!