Looking for employment in Knoxville, TN

Discussion in 'Employment' started by kyles974, Jan 15, 2006.

1. kyles974

kyles974 LawnSite Member

Experienced Lawn Service Fertilizer Technician Manager Supervisor

Self motivated ex-business owner is looking for employment in Knoxville area. I owned a fertilizing and weed control lawn service company for over 10 years. Looking for mid management placement.
    My resume is on Monster.com under above title.

Contact info:

Kyle

865-932-2098

Email

kyles974@yahoo.com

2. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Kyle,

Have you personally contacted any local firms? I haven't looked at your resume, and not knowing what the name of your company was, but I know several people around that work for all the various larger companies. I worked for Barefoot Grass back in the early 90's while I was at UT, and several of those guys are still around. Brad still has his own, though he just sold his mowing and landscaping side of his business and will concentrate solely on T&A this year. Marty Shaw had Happy Tree, but he and Cortese went different ways (various reasons) and he now is in Nashville. Lots of guys have gone on with TGLC and Scotts. Though another guy I know went to work for Proscapes, but ended up on his own a couple of years ago.

Seems like that side of business here locally is so volitile! I wish I had something for you, but I have someone in place handling that for me. Feel free to contact me though if I can be of assistance in guiding you to the right companies.
    Email: cthompson@controlsg.com