1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking for encouragement (website?)

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by cirrus_player, Apr 14, 2011.

1. cirrus_player

cirrus_player LawnSite Member

Good Morning!

I'm going to be doing some serious marketing this year and one of the major things on that list is of course, a website. I was curious what kind of feed back form the communities you work in you have received. my area is small city, rural but somewhat remote with neighboring town 30 miles in any direction. Do you think it'll get attention and possibly generate new leads? whats your experience?
  2. mach1webdesign

mach1webdesign LawnSite Member

I feel that a lot of people now turn to the net when looking for a business as it's easier to type it in Google rather than reaching for the yellow pages. They can also look at reviews on sites like Yelp and get a general impression of your business by looking at your website. Therefore, it's very important that you appear in the local results on sites like: Yahoo Local, Google Places, Local.com, and Yelp. A website will help you rank higher on many of these sites and will lead to more calls. Yes, in my opinion, it will definitely help generate more leads.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  3. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Website has been working great for me, I just have to remind them, every time I give a business card I tell them to check my website.
  4. cirrus_player

thanks guys, thats what i figured but i just needed a little kick in the grass, lol !
  5. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Read this topic and let me know what you think ...

In short, I think every business should have a website, even if its just one page, just as they would have got a phone number back in the 1950s or 1960s.

6. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

This is the first year that I have had a website. My son set it up and I have been amazed at the results. It have generated new business and I hope to expand it to generate even more business.
  7. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

It has done so well for me that I am starting to pick my jobs because I can't take them all. I am even starting to turn down jobs and send them to other landscapers I know well! Get a website! You won't regret it!
  8. cirrus_player

Thanks, I did check it out and it was quite informative. ive been in business for 8 years and I CANT BELIEVE I havent done this yet. . . thanks everyone, good luck this season!
  9. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

The biggest advantage with my site is the ease of the addresses. I have three very easy catchy web addresses that all lead to specific pages of my site, one for irrigation, one for fert, and another for lighting. People see the site on the trucks and it is alot easier to remember than a 10 degit phone number. I have not had a single person call me from my phone numbers on the trucks, but they put in a request online or get my number from the site and call, all because they remembered the web address.