Looking For Exmark Vantage Reviews

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mcw615, Jan 18, 2014.

1. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Mine was too at first. Just needed an adjustment
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know how to adjust the rods in the back. But what I've noticed is that if you adjust the forward speed to increase, you're losing the reverse speed.

3. sjessen

Male, from Knoxville, Tn

True. The newest x series have larger wheel motors to address this.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. sjessen

Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Like someone else said or I probably would not get another standing mower although I do like mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with you. I like it, but would probably not purchase another.

6. sjessen

Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Wished it wasn't so.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Mdouglas1968

Mdouglas1968 LawnSite Member

I just purchased a 52" Vantage S-Series and have a 60" on order. I to have a similar contract and after much research and demos, I bought the stand on. I am no fan of ECS and believe Exmark is making a mistake by pushing them on the X Series. It's the same great cut. The efficiency is as advertised. Top end speed is not as fast as my Lazer Z but you are quicker in the turns. The ride is much less jarring than the rider as well. I do not see any riders in my future only stand ons. Demoed the grandstand and loved it as well. Demoed the JD but IMO the cut quality was not there compared to vantage and GS.

8. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Subscribing, im following the vantage reviews and am trying to decide what my next mower will be.

Not sure why people are saying its slow though. If I read right, the X series has a top speed of 8 MPH. Is that what yall are considering slow? I guess in comparison to 10, it might be. Most of the time, I wouldn't be running at top speedthough, and it seems that the stander might perform better getting around trees, beds, etc.