Looking for feedback on my company logo

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by toddharmon, Jan 10, 2013.

1. toddharmon

toddharmon LawnSite Member

Can anyone give me some feedback on my logo? I did this myself with some help from another site. Thanks!

image.jpg

2. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

Honestly I think you have too much going on there. How will you get that embroidered on shirts?

What all services do you provide, just lawn care?

Keep it simple and memorable.

3. leeson86

leeson86 LawnSite Member

I think it looks fine, but it might feel like a bad decision once you decide to get some shirts printed up, or vinyl printed for your truck. Maybe it won't be that bad though. Personally, I think smaller and simpler is better, but really there's nothing bad about it- except the printing issue.

Here's an idea: Show it to a print shop or two (one that does shirts and stuff, one that does signs) and see how they feel about it.

BTW, I had my logo designed professionally, and it was the best money I've spent since.

4. branchoutshrub

branchoutshrub LawnSite Member

Sweet logo! But I agree with the other posts. How will it look on shirts, trucks etc...

5. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Make sure you get a CMK of it and they should be able to say print/ sow just the house and just do some lettering under that

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Agreeing with the others, I think there is just too much "busy" going on and, sorry, but it does look like a DIY logo done in MS Paint. If you haven't test printed it, I would do so in one that's sized for a business card and you'll see the issues it presents.

Regarding the business name and phone number rendering, it seems detached from the main logo component of the house. There's just no real integration. As for the font, I really would never recommend Comic Sans for business use. Besides it not having the weight to "support" the artwork above it, it's perceived as the joke of the design world.

7. toddharmon

Thank you all. I've got someone working on a new one for me. I'll post it once its complete for feedback.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

9. toddharmon

10. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Are you an LLC,corp,? If so I think you need to have that on your logo.