Looking for feedback on my company logo

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by toddharmon, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Damn I didn't know this. I have same situation.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. toddharmon

toddharmon LawnSite Member

No I am not. I have considered though.
  3. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I do not have it my logo. DW was concerned as the logo did not say landscape or lawn anything.

I think those things can be added as lettering depending on application.
  4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

No, you don't have to have it on your logo. If you want to have your bases covered, consult an attorney or view your state/local requirements.
  5. toddharmon

toddharmon LawnSite Member

Feedback on design?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

It is not too appealing to me.

The first rule of marketing mistakes is to try to DYI.
    Granted I do it all the time because of budgets and what not.

I do not write that well and I sure am not a graphic artist.

What is the brown circle with grass coming out supposed to put in peoples minds? It looks like a basket ball with bad hair plugs.

Go to one of the logo creation websites and you can likely get a nice logo for $50.00 that is print and web ready.

Sorry to be so blunt but your logo is a key element of your marketing.

I am dumping mine below for a bigger brighter one very soon.
  7. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

If you do a test print, using different sizes of the logo, you'll see the issues it presently presents. I think you'll find that the openings in the letters "a" and "e" will quickly disappear.

The grass design element doesn't do much for me as it just seems to be there...to be there.
  8. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I like it. I've seen some companies with really simple logos like mine and others like yours. It maybe a bit much to put on a shirt but it does look pretty good.
  9. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

come to think of it, why dont you try crowdsourcing it? I think you can set the max you want to pay, and then freelance designers anywhere can submit their designs for you. This is great because you should get multiple variations, from people with a huge breadth of design background and experience, and just pick the best one.