Looking For Franchise Opportunities In Lawncare

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by rabay22, Feb 4, 2007.

1. rabay22

rabay22 LawnSite Member

I Am Interested In Buying A Landscape Franchise.

2. rabay22

rabay22 LawnSite Member

3. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Why?

Get yourself some equipment and customers and get goin.

4. rabay22

rabay22 LawnSite Member

I am not in the business and dont know how easy is it to grow?

5. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

It would be prudent to spend a $1000 for a 21", trimmer and blower then spend what I'm sure would be waaaay more for a franchise. It's not like a McDonalds - build it and they will come. What if you decide you can't take the heat or don't like the work?

If your dead-set on it though - US Lawns is one - I think.

6. rabay22

rabay22 LawnSite Member

I was very interested in U.S. Lawns, however no available territories in my area. I am just exploring all my options, others have told me the same, why pay royalties,etc. for 10 years, when I really want to be SELF employed! Thanks for the input!

7. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Why do you want to get into the business? What are you goals? Have you thought about working for someone else first just to get your feet wet? I personally would not recommend going with a franchise. Although, I have thought about opening other branches of our company. It was just a thought at one time. I have seen many franchises lose. Yes, there is a system for you in place. However, that does not guarantee success. I just do not see a lawn franchise having the same kind of drive behind it as say McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, or companies like that.JMO

8. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

why bother, in tampa if you mow they will come!!! customers that is.

Perhaps mid summer I am very likely going to sell my lawn biz, as my palm tree trimming biz is exploding and I dont feel like running a lawn biz and the tree biz.

9. wowmowwow

wowmowwow LawnSite Member

i prefer the tenerlion biscuit and coffee over the starbucks strudle and bean squirt mocha....my point is i wouldnt want to be a franchise