1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

looking for garden hose

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greens Keeper, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Greens Keeper

Greens Keeper LawnSite Member

Anyone know where I can find 5/8 garden hose CHEAP and alot of it? 50 or 100 foot long sections. Thanks
  2. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

Judging by your name 'greenskeeper' , i assume you need the hose for watering golf greens. I look after a couple of small golf courses which have no watering systems, and am looking into the simplest way to water without trenching and tearing up the turf. Seem to me 5/8 garden hose would do a fine job of satisfying my watering needs. Just need a suitable pump to get the water from the ponds to the greens, and plenty of hose to carry the water. I dont know where to get it real cheap, but that would be a good idea so you dont have to deal with heavy awkward hose.

3. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

If the one's at Home Cheapo and Wal-Mart aren't to your liking, then you might do a search on a thing called the internet. :D
    Seriously, I'll try and find some place for you.
  4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to home cheepo. They are good priced and have a LIFETIME warranty.
  5. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I'm gettin farmiliar with the equipment at our new course, the old super came in a few times this week and today, and showed me all the equipment, and where to order hoses, chemicals, fertilizer, etc. All we have for hoses at the course is the thick 1" stuff. Every green has a quick coupler in the ground, and when we need to lightly water the greens down or cool them off, we would either connect the hose the quick connect, and spray it down, or run each zone that covers a green on the irrigation system. Like I said, if you need a hose for a golf course type situation, I would go with the thick 1" stuff like we have.