looking for Gear Pump

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by Hanoverfiste, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Hanoverfiste

Hanoverfiste LawnSite Member

Hello there, I am looking for a gear pump for applying Black Mac, , can anyone point me in the right direction,

2. Hanoverfiste

whats the gallon per minute rate that I should be looking for?

3. Hanoverfiste

found this
    [​IMG]

4. blacktop

blacktop LawnSite Member
    from toronto

You can try kijiji or some other buy and sell site, but since your from the north
    you might have to order it on-line or by phone. Try pro-tect, Marathon or Albany pumps they all have web sites but are located in the south. The pump I have on my system is a Albany gear pump works great over five years in service. The Albany pump is a lot coin $500 to $800. Look around and see if you can find it use, but if you can not find one bite the bullet and order a new
    one best money you will ever spend.

5. Hanoverfiste

any chance I could see a picture of your system Blacktop? will I also need a pressure relief valve?

6. blacktop

blacktop LawnSite Member
    from toronto

Sorry I do not have pics, but the pressure relief vale is at pro-tect about $50
    Check out their web site my system very similar.

7. Hanoverfiste

Protects products page isnt working,, which model of Albany pump do you use? I checked out the albany web site and can only find 1 gear pump, but it requires 3/4hp to run?

8. Hanoverfiste

Protects products page isnt working,, which model of Albany pump do you use? I checked out the albany web site and can only find 1 gear pump, but it requires 3/4hp to run? its model # is L05

9. blacktop

blacktop LawnSite Member
    from toronto

that may be the one let me check mine to see if there is a model number on it. the motor you are running right now does it have a gear reduction box on it?

10. Hanoverfiste

nope no gear reduction, is that something i could pick up @ homedepot or princess?