Looking for good Mosquito - control

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Catcher, May 7, 2001.

1. Catcher

Catcher LawnSite Member

Just wondering if you guys had any input on effective mosquito-control.
    I'm trying to rid myself of the little critters which turn evil in the humid summer nights in Michigan. I'm sitting on ~ 3acres, mostly lawn, surrounded by woods and brush with a swamp close by. Ideal breeding grounds, right?
    The best I've found after years of experimenting with all sorts of chemicals/ applicators was an Ortho product called Malathion. That stuff is awesome, stays active until it gets rained on, drawback being the foul-egg odor it emits while being active.
    Anyone have any experience in this area?
    Thanks

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

wont kill the bugs but avon skin so soft will make them leave your family alone.

3. smalltime

smalltime LawnSite Member

When I first moved into my house, I found that the attic in the back part of it was infested with bats. I was none to pleased with that so I decided to do something about it. The first thing I did was search the internet for a way to rid them from my home. What I found was quite interesting.

To make a long story short, the bats are no longer in my home. The bats are now in my barn. I do not mind because mosquitos are now few and far between. A single bat can eat something like 600 mosquitos an hour. Of course, there is other information that says bats will not be enough. I beg to differ. I do not have a mosquito problem anymore.

Steve