looking for good software program for hardscape company

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by pghlandscape, Feb 23, 2008.

1. pghlandscape

pghlandscape LawnSite Member
    from pgh,pa.

I was hoping someone would be able to suggest a software program for me. My company strictly does hardscape (walls, brick pavers, and concrete work) I write all my proposals on site at the time of estimate so I'm not looking for anything to replace that. Basically expense records, and payroll. I write 100% of my expenses from my company check book and just post to ledger sheets under the categories (fuel, repairs, rent, office expense, etc.)now it is a pain in the ass and I'm looking for something that would be neater. I used Quickbooks but found it more then i needed also it was to involved I'm looking to keep it simple, I thought about Quicken but was hoping someone could suggest one or more thanks

2. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

QuickBooks Pro + Payroll. Get it all at Sam's Club for about $245 .

Or just QB Pro at Costco.com for $99.

3. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

Yeah, try QuickBooks again. You shouldn't have dismissed it the first time.

4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

QB does WAAAY more things than I do. Looking at it for the 1st time today, it may seem a bit complicated than you need.

I would use the "invoice" feature, figure your charges on it, print it on a proposal form, and save it for invoicing after the job is complete. ( I read of this use "in" the program)

5. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

Try MYOB First Edge. I looked at it for my mac an it looked pretty basic. You also may want to look at Microsoft Money, Home & Business.