1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking for grass designs to print on envelopes..

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by From Dust 'til Lawn, Sep 28, 2008.

1. From Dust 'til Lawn

From Dust 'til Lawn LawnSite Member

I think I remember seeing someone had a design of grass to print on envelopes...I think that's a nice touch to my billing invoices....Where....who......how.....help me find them....Thanks!!!
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

bump!!!!! would like to see this too
  3. cbscreative

cbscreative LawnSite Member

I'm not sure what software you have to implement the designs with, but one source that comes to mind is www.clipart.com for the images. You do need something like CorelDRAW (Adobe Illustrator is overkill if you are just designing your own materials), or maybe others here have recommendations for something less expensive that does the job. You can get a free trial of CorelDRAW at www.corel.com to see if it meets your needs, and there are many sources (like eBay) to get it legally for well below the full retail price.

When you look for clip art, you can search for free using their keyword search on clipart.com, then if you find what you need, you can buy a one week membership with unlimited downloads (I think it's $15, but I didn't check to confirm). I also recommend you download the "vector" formats (ai, wmf, eps) so they can be resized and look good at any size. "Bitmap" formats (jpeg, gif, tiff, bmp) will look pixelated and quickly degrade when resized.
  4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

When I did my business cards, I did an image search on Google for "grass vector" and got quite a few things.
  5. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Try the MTD logo. (Just remove the M, the T and the D.)
  6. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

www.istockphoto.com has a lot of really good ones, and you only need to buy as many credits as you need.