1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

looking for help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by greengator, Feb 29, 2004.

1. greengator

greengator LawnSite Member

GOT A CALL TO TRIM 25 FT HEDGE BUSHES, 30 FT MONKEY GRASS, 6 CRAPE MYRTLES, AND PULL UP BUSHES THE CUSTOMER DOES NOT WANT. ALSO HE WANTS 7 YARDS OF RED MULCH SPREAD IN HIS FLOWER BEDS AFTER ALL THAT. I HAVE BEEN FIGURING ON A PRICE OF AROUND 575.00. IS THIS PRICE TOO HIGH? I KNOW WITHOUT LOOKING ITS HARD TO SAY, BUT HOW CLOSE AM I WITH THIS?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Too high? Hell no. I'd charge $525 just for the mulch part of the job.

3. greengator

HOW ABOUT THE THE OTHER PART?

4. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

How long do you think this is going to take you? How many people you have working for you?

5. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

How long is the hedge, how big are the trees(Crapes)??? How big/type/number are the shrubs to be removed, stumps too??? Do you have to fill in the holes??? Do the beds need edging/weeding first???

6. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

prolly somewhere around a grand. Hard to say without knowing to much though.

7. greengator

I'm figuring 4 to 5 hours by myself. The crape myrtles are 10 ft. he wants them cut back to 5 ft. 8 shrubs to be cut to the ground, said they would come back.Some cedar looking hedge 4 ft. high and 20 ft long trimmed and squares up. No weeding just trimiming monkey grass to the ground also. then spreading 7 to 8 yards of mulch all by myself.