Looking for Hillside Mower

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Nes-Tech, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Nes-Tech

Nes-Tech LawnSite Member

Is this model still in production, I do not see it in the products list on the web site. What is MSRP?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The 6400 is no longer available.

3. Nes-Tech

Nes-Tech LawnSite Member

If the 6400 Hillsider is not in production anymore, Is there another hiilside unit available? Is there any left in the wharehouse? Looking for reviews on this unit, ANn used ones for sale?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Hillsider is definitely not in production anymore.
    The only alternative you have to it in the Hustler line is the ATZ.
    There are absolutely no new or demo 6400 Hillsider units left for sale, we hunted every single unit last summer / fall and we have sold them all.
    Look on eBay, there is some on there from time to time, look in your trader type magazines and websites.. you will see them from time to time.
    There is a 402 on eBay right now... it is a early version of a Hillsider.

Pj

5. Hardy boy

Hardy boy LawnSite Member

I work for a Municipal Dept in the Midwest and we use the 6400 Hillsider for our ditches that have steep inclines and water at the bottom. I am very concerned about the discontinuation of them since we currently have 8 6400 Models we depend upon for our STEEP inclines.

Are there any other Hillside mowers by any other Company that can fill the 6400 Hillsiders position? The ATZ looks nice but the inclines and large stepoffs would destroy the mower and most likely roll it over 40 feet down the incline to the water filled cement bottom.

Any information would be helpful, our mechanincs are keeping the ones we have in running condition but for how long who knows.

Thanks

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

There are a couple other companies out there that make a hillside type mower, I cant recommend one over another, do a little research on here and on Google and you will be amazed what you will find.
    You will be able to buy parts and keep your Hillsiders running for many many years.

Pj