Looking for Ideas/Leaf Loader+Dump Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by captainsimple, Oct 13, 2005.

1. captainsimple

captainsimple LawnSite Member

My company has a 6x10 ez-dump trailer and just purchased a Little Wonder 16hp leaf loader with swing arm that plugs into the a reciever hitch. Anyone use a setup similiar? I'm looking for ideas as to how to mount a hitch reciever under the dumping trailer and still have everything work properly. If any on has done this, ideas, directions, or pictures would be fantastic thanks.

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

do a search, I've written plenty on our setup with our 14' dump trailer. PM me for specifics.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Most trailer vac rigs I've seen have the vac in front.

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I ran a 2x12 into the ramp holder under the backend of the trailer, then mounted the loader onto the 2x12. Hooked the chain up underneath to keep the board from sliding out.

Whenever I wanted to dump the trailer I just slid the blower out from under the trailer, went and dumped, then slid the board / blower back into the ramp holder.

5. captainsimple

captainsimple LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies....LB1234, searched all your posts didn't see enough info, tried to pm you, for some reason I can't, so if you could give me more details as to how you mounted the leaf loader to the back of the trailer that would be fantastic, either here, or email me. Thanks again.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Something like this?

MLB Landscaping (LEAF-BOX).jpg

7. walker-talker

from Midwest

The above pic was from MLB Landscaping. This one is from Grounds Keepers. These are from the achives here on Lawnsite. I have many more, but here are just a couple. There are many more here if you do the searching.

Grounds Keeper Leaf Box (3).jpg

8. walker-talker

from Midwest

Here is a unique one from Big Bad Ram.

Big Bad Ram 2500 (LEAFBOX).jpg

9. walker-talker

from Midwest

I have mine mounted to the front. I had a fabricator build a reciever mount that bolts to the front bumper and frame. The loader is attatched to a bracket that slides into the receiver so that it can be removed if necessary.

My leaf-vac mounted (2).jpg

10. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same set up, 6 x 10 dump trailer with a 16 hp Billy Goat. It is mounted on the front of the trailer. When dumping, the vac stays on the front and rises with the dump body. This works out well, because it is out of the way.