Looking for ideas on a great yellow page ad

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Duramaxsle1, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Duramaxsle1

Duramaxsle1 LawnSite Member

My yellow page ads are up for renewal and I am looking to put together an ad that will really deliver and get the prospective customers calling, any great ideas that really work?

2. Best Yellow Page Ad in my area is no yellow page ad.....

But...

When I was in Arizona..my best yellow page ad out of 8 years total...was an in column ad....not a display ad.

Try to get your rep to allow you to start the ad w/ "A sprinkler company"....

that way you will be first in line...and do a 2 or 3 inch in column ad that is waaay cheaper than a large display ad.....

My phone rang off the hook the last 2 years that I had that ad.....different market of course, but it worked for me.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It might be that a Yellow Pages listing cannot begin with "A" unless it is the actual business name, with documentation to prove it.

"We service what we sell" - is a tried-and-true phrase.

4. Not true boots...there are ways around it and a good YP rep will know how to maneuver that....

They will take anyone's money with a pulse and a phone number.....

5. Duramaxsle1

They say to use a capitive opening line, something that gives the customer what the want. Not to make your name or how many years you've been around. That's what I am trying to figure out, that perfect line.

My solgan is "Let the Force Be with you"

6. The thing with a display ad, you're also competing with the other high spenders. A little trick that is a little more expensive by not as expensive as a display ad is a two or three color column ad....that is if that option is offered.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I wanted it once, and was flat out told it was not going to happen unless I made the required changes. Their alternative was for me to buy a bigger display ad. (and why was I not surprised) ~ it can't hurt to ask, in any event. There has to be a reason for all those 'emergency' businesses with a string of A's in their names.

8. One Phrase...

DBA

In colorado it is like $10 to have a DBA associated w/ your original name.....

9. Duramaxsle1

We don't have that here....."BBB " is about 500 a year to do nothing!

10. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

Also not true - around here they won't take my money cause I run my business from a cell phone not a landline and they won't put a cell phone number in the phone book.