1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking for info ????????

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by kkls2006, Jan 25, 2008.

1. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can learn more about landscape lighting?

There must be a million courses, seminars, ect out there, I live in the Western MA area.

Thanx for your help
  2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

In your area, I'd give Rob DiSchino a call... I'll send a PM with info...
  3. Mayor_tx

Mayor_tx LawnSite Member
    from Austin

Cast is having this seminar next month:

Feb. 26 Mashpee, MA – Cape Cod (8 am to noon)
    Introduction to Landscape Lighting Classroom Seminar. Hosted by Stonewood Products - for info and registration, contact Alan Darson at 508-430-5020.

Then they will be having a full, hands-on seminar in April.

check out their schedule at

4. irrig8r

5. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

Home depot has alot of info in the landscape lighting section sometimes they have a free dvd on it
  6. Mayor_tx

Mayor_tx LawnSite Member
    from Austin

I hope you are joking.
  7. irrig8r

Vista puts on a decent introductory seminar, usually for free. Last one I went to they fed us well and gave each attendee $75 worth of coupons towards their products...

Some contractors took their non-English speaking employees along just to get the extra coupons I think... LOL.

Anyway, look here for any in your area. I didn't see any, but it's still early in the season.

They give you a workbook to take home and do hands on stuff with meters.
  8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

i really hope your joking...
  9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Ok this is my last post for the week since Im running over but what will you possibly learn in 4 hours ? This is probably worse than the DVD at home depot because they actually tell you your ready to use high power devices and send you out to sell lights at 300 bucks a piece. I know this class says its an intro but you can bet no one will tell you that your not ready yet.

Trust me I am all for manufacture and distributors providing education(heck its how I started but i filtered thru the sales pitch and crap) but this is not something you can learn from 8am til noon. Sheesh you aint even finished introductions and donuts in thoes 4 hours let alone had time for your noodle to absorb all the information. If you go thats fine but let it serve as only an introduction and dont by any means think after a 4 hour "seminar" your ready to do lighting. This really hits a sore spot with me because last night we were at an establishment where someone who took one of thoes seminars had a trans mounted in plain view and well lights unburied and glaring in every direction under some windmill palms. You could barley see these things. I can promise you that property owner has bad thoughs about low voltage lighting now.

Nightscaping ???? meet a rep and be installing tmrw ? This is much much better... NOT. Unbelivable.

Sorry for the rant. You can take my soapbox now.
  10. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa