looking for input on this truck

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by NEUSWEDE, Aug 23, 2013.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Thats exactly what I need if you know of any trucks that are around for sale let me know.

2. CLP

CLP LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Will do, I look for long time to find right one. The other thing is if you reg. under 55,000 lb. you don't have to pay federal highway tax each year. It all starts to add up. Good luck.

3. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

I would agree that the Pete is light on power....but I would not be afraid of air ride suspension. I LOVE my 8 bag air ride on my T800. This is my 3rd Kenworth with 8 bag air. If all you do is "offroad", it may be a concern.....but really, percentage wise, how much time is on road versus offroad. I think Peterbilt has a valve that allows air in the suspension to transfer faster from bag to bag, for a more stable ride. A friend of mine has one on his little Peterbilt tandem, and loves it.

4. mxridernorth

mxridernorth LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with KSSS, the wheel base is too short. The dynamics of towing a tag are completely different than a fifth wheel and a long wheel base will definitely make for a more stable and safe tow rig.

5. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

6. Hegartydirtwork

Hegartydirtwork LawnSite Member

Neuswede if you don't mind traveling, try wantaddigest.com albany craigslist or hudson valley craigslist you might find some more options

7. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Mileage isn't really that high on the t800, works out to about 19,000 miles per year.

8. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

The info in the ad is kinda a vague but seems like a much better option. In my opinion that is actually low mileage for that year. Bed is goofy looking but would be amazing for rip rap. Get some more info on the truck.

9. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

Not too bad looking to me.....looks like a Bomb Demolition Bed. I think that's the name of the bed....they were all over out west for awhile. If the Odometer is correct, the truck is worth that with out the bed.

10. Dually00-00

Dually00-00 LawnSite Member

Not too bad looking to me.....looks like a Bomb Demolition Bed. I think that's the name of the bed....they were all over out west for awhile. If the Odometer is correct, the truck is worth that with out the bed.[/QUOTE]

Also known as a western rock-tub.