Looking for Insurance company

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blakes estates, Mar 2, 2005.

1. blakes estates

blakes estates LawnSite Member

With so many insurance co. out there I could use your help in locating a company that knows our business and is affordable. How much coverage is needed 1,000,000, 2,000,000 ? I perform general landscaping services to residential and commercial sites and also plow both in winter. :help: :help:
  2. blakes estates

blakes estates LawnSite Member

I wanted to add that I do not do any pesticide spraying other than round-up, and that i am located in PA.
  3. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Try ERIE. They should have agents near you, since they are out if Erie, PA. I shopped them and several other companies before purchasing and ERIE was $1,200 less then the nearest competitor for apples/apples coverage. For my Genl Liab policy I have $2,000,000 AGGREGATE & $1,000,000 per occurrence limits. (That means they will pay out up to $1mil per loss; up to 2 times during policy period.) This is usually adequate for any residential and smaller commercial clients. Some BIG commercial accts may want you to carry $5 mil.

Also, ERIE is rated in top 5 in claims handling & customer satisfaction. (I was an insurance agent for 17 years prior to starting my LCO business in 1998.)

4. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I use Erie also. You can check out their website here .