1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for mowers. I need help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by anolog139, Oct 2, 2013.

1. anolog139

anolog139 LawnSite Member

Im getting back into the lawn care game and am mower shopping. Not sure If I want to buy used or new. I had a 2008 exmark laser z 52 inch back when I had my first business. I have no complaints about it other than comfort. I went and looked at new exmarks today and looks like they have helped that area a lot. I also saw the exmark vantage which looked AWESOME. Does anyone on here use that as their main mower? Thoughts on that?

What other brands do you suggest? Dixie chopper? Are those good mowers?

2. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Personally I prefer John Deere. My 920m I bought a month ago is an absolute dream. Cut quality 9/10, striping 9/10, power 8/10, comfort 7/10. Great machine and I got mine out the door for 8300 new. 60" deck.

3. anolog139

When I was looking at exmarks they had deere as well. The sales guy didn't bad mouth them, but he said he sells a lot more exmark. They are a bit cheaper. That may be an option for me.

4. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

They are great machines. Only thing ex mark has over them IMO is center of gravity

5. anolog139

know anything about dixie chopper?

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

What do you want to know I own 10 and since 1985 owned 12

7. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

John deeres don't cut up the clippings enough or spread them as nice as the exmark or wright mowers. Trust me I have one.

8. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

I've owned scag, bob cat, exmark, snapper, kubota. Kubota was the best built and the exmark seemed to leave the best stripe. I really like the bob cat. Seems to be great quality for less money. Very happy with it. Was not a fair comparison as the exmark had a stripe kit on it when I bought it
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

10. anolog139

How well do they cut / stripe compared to an exmark? Reliability? Quality? I know nothing about them. I've done research but I'm looking for actual users reviews on them
    Posted via Mobile Device