Looking For My First Zero Turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tsmith72, Mar 18, 2008.

1. tsmith72

tsmith72 LawnSite Member

I'm In The Market For My First Zero Turn. I've Went To 3 Different Sellers And They All Say Something Negative About The Last Sellers Zero Turns Deck , Motor, Etc. I've Looked At The Toro,scag Freedom. Can Someone Help Me Out About The Pros And The Cons Of Certain Zero Turns, So When I Purchase One, I Want Be Disappointed In My Purchase. Thanx
  2. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

search button..
  3. danielslawncare

danielslawncare LawnSite Member

My first ztrak mower i bought wasa john deere 737. i had great luck with it so two years later now i just purchased a new one. it seems to be way better. i think the prices are even pretty competitive with the other brands. they are a tough mower and will run forever. just my thoughts
  4. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

yeah, the deeres with the kawasaki engine are awesome
  5. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Just about all commercial zero turns are good. Do some research on which specs will meet your needs (deck size, engine size, engine brand, etc) and then demo the machines that match your needs. There is enough competition in the mower market to keep the manufacturers honest. Any salesman is going to have bad things to say about the competitor's mower. If your search is narrowed down to just a couple different mowers, get quotes from the dealers and see which dealer is going to give you the best long term service. And like customcurbdesigns said, use the search feature on this website. There are tons of guys asking the same questions and even more "experts" giving their opinions.
  6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

be carefull with dealers.....

Remember there trying to sell you something
  7. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Keep your eyes open and notice what you see most on trailers in your area. That will give an idea of brands that work well for the grass in your area. In my area its mostly Exmark.
  8. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

check out the exmak lazer z ct nice stater zero turn and affordable.
  9. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

The Scag Freedom Z is a residential mower..May not want to look there.
  10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Go buy a Hustler and be done with it.