Looking for new 36" walk behind.

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Trail Blazer, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Trail Blazer

Trail Blazer LawnSite Member

Looking for advice about 36" walk behinds. What name brand would you go with and why.

Thank you in advance.

2. TLC96

TLC96 LawnSite Member

exmark metro cuts good and is easy to maintain and operate

3. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

It depends on what you want to spend.
    I am looking for a new 36" hydro with a adjustable deck, and I know it will be around $4,500. Toro or Ferris. The new John Deers are a little higher.
    A belt drive with a fixed deck is about $3000

4. Trail Blazer

I am looking into spending arround $2,800. A mower that is able to haul a sulky and a guy. Easy to maintain, order parts and fix yourself. I would also like to know what not to buy.

I have been looking at Husqvarna, Exmark and Quicks. What a really like about Quiks is that you can buy directly from the factory for both mower and parts, and skip the dealer or distributor and lower my cost.

I really appreciate your time.

5. gasracer

Exmarks are the same as a Toro(decks maybe different).Belt drives are ok but if you any size on you and the belts get wet they may slip. Fixed decks are good as long as you don't need to vary a lot in height adjustment. A lot of people like the "Quickie" mowers but I'm not a big fan of them.

6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I've not priced a 36" Toro hydro with floating deck lately, but I seem to recall they were over $6k with tax included. This price did not include a velke or a bagger.

7. gasracer

My dealer priced me one at $4,200 and the Ferris is about 4,800. plus tax.

8. Trail Blazer

You see, those prices are a bit out of my range, a would prefer to be a little more carefull since I am going to finance it.

9. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

10. Trail Blazer

That Toro looks great.... I would be willing to buy it if it was a bit ($2000) cheaper and had the option to finance it. I really want to stay under $3000.