Looking for new commercial zero turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ManClout, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Zivman

Zivman LawnSite Member

that deal is OK, but not great..... I paid roughly that for my 52" tiger cub with 25 hp kohler back in july with 0.2 hrs on it. the 60 hrs is basically nothing and they are covering you like it's new, but it still isn't 'new'. Personally I would try to beat them up a few hundred more and pay 6800 out the door

2. mikeslawnlandscapeohio

mikeslawnlandscapeohio LawnSite Member

Dealer support is a bis issues and I agree that when you need help, they should be there. I have never had that problem with my dealers, but I know there are dealers out there that only care about selling the machine. If you cant get help, it makes you lose all faith.

3. rwaters

rwaters LawnSite Senior Member
    from Online

no matter what mower your looking at you will find those that like it or hate it. shop for a dealer you like and can trust then pick the unit. if you like the scag dealer that is a good price and buy it. Ask the dealer how the brand deals with them as a lot of a companys dealings with a dealer are threw a rep. and they change from area to area. Personally my fav is Hustler they send information almost daily. My rep constantly send me sales leads and other information. But that is a good rep their for my recommendation to my customers as I know he will be here if they have any problems.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  4. ManClout

ManClout LawnSite Member

the dealer seems to be a very knowledgeable guy and has a very good reputation in my area. I plan on trying to work myself a better deal just hope I can get it a bit lower than that.

I've been mowing since I could drive, so about 7 years now. As far as my accounts, I have about 10 residential areas and two commercial sites. Along with this, I own two 40 acre pastures that would be partly taken care of by this mower. Thanks for the help by the way

5. kb9nvh

kb9nvh LawnSite Senior Member

I think thats high for a demo tiger cat. 60 hours by an owner is different than 60 hours as a demo too. You wont go wrong with a SCAG.
    I'm coming up on 60 hours on my BB lightning and if it doesn't explode in flames like my tiger cub did at 66 hours I'll feel confident that the BB at least beats SCAG in the "exploding in flames" category of performance. :)

6. Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold LawnSite Senior Member

I would do a search on the Kohler 25 first!

7. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

AGREED! but add Grasshopper to the list

8. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Again another person that has never even demoed a Bad Boy and has formed a opinion.

9. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Could you please elaborate on your experience with Badboy mowers as a mechanic ?

10. TreeDog

TreeDog LawnSite Member

I saw a new tiger cub in crate with 25 cooler and 61" deck for $6499. I saw this on a Craigslist add from a dealer in kalamazoo, mi. You should consider checking out jd 900 series. I demoed one last week and really liked it. I can get 910a with 54" deck for $7100 otd...it has a 22 kawi.
    Posted via Mobile Device