Looking for new commercial zero turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ManClout, Sep 6, 2010.

1. ManClout

ManClout LawnSite Member

and I'm extremely sorry to hear about that fire...cause found?

2. kb9nvh

kb9nvh LawnSite Senior Member

Cause was never really determined. Catastrophic fuel leak was the obvious problem but the cause of that is the question since the fire burned up most of the evidence. All of the ends of the fuel lines were still attached so the leak had to be mid line. The entire saga is still in the thread to be reviewed.
    as far as kholer I dont know any engine specifics, just that my kholer was good. good luck in your search.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Andover Landscape Co.

Andover Landscape Co. LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Lexington,KY

Brother, Mike is obviously from iraq.. None of his posts make much sence...He's makin sh*t up...

4. mikeslawnlandscapeohio

mikeslawnlandscapeohio LawnSite Member

WOW, I guess neither one of you can read.

I state my opinion and what I hear from owners of BB mowers.

I really dont care if you like what I have to say or not.

You people need to get off your high horse. I run exmark,toro, woods and scag. When someone runs them into the ground I really dont care. If
    these machines where junk, they would have been out of business by now. Every company makes **** from time to time. That is the way it goes.

Get back to the topic, and off the pissing matches. what are you guys 12 years old??

5. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

60" 30hp Kohler Command Bad Boy Pup is $6999 brand new retail. It has cooling fans on the hydros too. The pup has the same 10cc parker pumps, and the engine will blow you away in overgrowth compared to the cub. The cub has a hair smaller footprint, but the BB is quite a bit stouter of a machine, definately worth a gander. The Scag has a year more labor warranty, but you get waaay more mower from the BB.... I drove over 2 hours to pick up my first bad boy over another Turf Tiger, saved $3000, fell off my trailer and the factory fixed for me, and now I have become a dealer and am a Platinum dealer for 3 years for BB and they are the only mower to own around here now, I am glad I drove 2 hours now looking back :walking:
    As to the 72" Outlaw question 31hp kawasaki is $8499...

6. IndianSprings

IndianSprings LawnSite Member

Just call S&H Farm in Joplin, Missouri. They are both a SCAG and Bad Boy dealer. As of a couple of weeks ago when talking to one of their salesmen, the score was almost 300 units sold this year of Bad Boy mowers and 0, yes 0SCAGS. When asked why, he said it is easy for people to see how much heavier the BB are built and when they get quoted the price they simply don't consider the SCAGS. In the past I would have said the SCAG hands down had a much superior quality of cut, but with the new Outlaw deck, I don't believe that's true. Scag is a great mower, but they are simply outrageous in price in relation to the Bad Boys. I can't say enough positive things about the support Bad Boy gives their owners.

7. kb9nvh

kb9nvh LawnSite Senior Member

I go to Joplin a lot...where is that dealer located?

8. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

$8499 for the 72" deck

9. ManClout

ManClout LawnSite Member

Interesting....0 Scags. Something to think about...when I called the dealer I was not quoted 6,999 for a 60 Pup-think he said something in the 8000 range. I'll call again in the morning to double check. These come in Kawasaki engines as well correct?

10. ManClout

ManClout LawnSite Member

also, what should I expect from the outlaw 60?