Looking for opinions on bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Feb 12, 2008.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Just to see if I am in the right ballpark. Would like to hear from a few upper Midwest guys...

Am bidding mow/blow/trim for a motel with 50K sq ft of turf area. 3 large, easy to mow turf areas make up 60% of the total sq ft (though one of these areas does have 30 degree embankment up to a main hwy along one side to contend with). The remainder of the turf is immediately surrounding the motel building and will need to be trimmed/edged nicely along the curb and sidewalks to the entrances. I am estimating $150/cut - feel free to dissect. Thanks kindly.

(Yes my equipment list will be upgraded soon)

2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

are you required to keep the parking lot clean?

3. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

I came up with a minimum of $325.00 per cut.

4. lawnwizards

is this with or without keeping the parking lot clean?

5. enviouslawns

thats just for the lawn.

6. lawnwizards

now, if we could just get him to tell us how many feet of edging, the frequency of the cut and more importantly if he has to maintain the parking lot then we could give a more accurate estimate. pictures would be super. anyway, i think 150 is low just by what hes stated so far.

7. enviouslawns

I came up with about 380.00 but on big comm. jobs i give a lil break but your right about the edging we need to know i mean there could be 3 hours of just edging. imo

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Hi Guys...
    Weekly cut, lets say right around 750 ft of edging (turf areas immediately by building only, not the outlying turf areas which are separated from the building by parking lots. I will blow the clippings that blow over the curb back onto the turf. I will not be resp. for cleaning the entire parking lot, just the clipping blow-over with a power blower. The outlying turf areas (not immediately adjacent to bldg) are not what I would call prime turf, they will be a fairly quick mow and I will use a trimmer to clean up the curb line on these areas. Will pay more attn to turf adjacent to building. I hope this helps.

9. enviouslawns

Min. price id go with is 300.00 per cut, but thats in michigan prices vary by state.

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Attached is picture of premises, lower left hand corner. The 3 larger, long turf areas to the N, S, and W of the facility (outside the parking lots) are included in the bid. Hope this helps. Thanks!

IMG_1065.jpg