1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for opinions

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by calvinslawnservices, Oct 2, 2013.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

3 letter .net, .org, .com, and probably most of the more esoteric domains are gone. same goes for 4 letter domains.

Re: .nets, in general, in almost all circumstances, I don't recommend using a domain extension that requires further explanation of how to find your business. When people ask for your domain, especially a long one, having to then say, "Oh, and it's .net, not .com." creates a headache that could lose you that visitor.

In this situation, I'd go with Greg's suggestion and register the full name. For signage, you can capitalize and have a color variation to further aid quick readability.

PlatinumLandscapeMangement.com

Side note: To me, lawn care businesses should be looked at as any other business. When you are coming up with a name for your business, a trip to your favorite web registrar (namecheap, godaddy, etc) to check availability should be your first or second step.

2. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

I think you are right Tony, that looks good.

I like how Greg, you and I all spelled Management wrong in our posts lol

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I'm going to assume Greg and I are a victim of copy 'n paste. You, however, seem to be Patient Zero. lol

4. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

I should get a 'free pass' since most of my posts are from a phone. Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device