1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking For Phone Solution

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by weeble67, Dec 23, 2013.

1. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

As I posted Four replies ago my land line is forwarded by Comcast to my cell phone. The price to forward my calls is still the same, free!.
    easy-lift guy

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

But when you dial the customer back, which phone number do they see? With GV, it's a transparent experience, plus there are the numerous features of GV, beyond just a number forward.

3. easy-lift guy

The caller sees the office number.
    easy-lift guy
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

I'm interested in pros and cons between the two. Not just price.

5. tonygreek

I get that the caller sees the office number when they get forwarded. I asked what happens when you call someone back from your cell phone. The caller is, I'm assuming, seeing your cell number, not your office number. This is why I point out that GV is a transparent service.

6. tonygreek

I've written about GV several times over the last couple of years. Here's one from a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=416465

Cons? The numbers are currently (last I checked) impossible to get.

7. easy-lift guy

Posted via Mobile Device

8. easy-lift guy

Let's see if I can explain this one more time. My office number is forwarded to my cell phone. When I answer the phone my office number is shown on the callers ID. No ADDITIONAL CHARGE FOR FORWARDING TO MY CELL PHONE. I pick and choose who I want to talk to like anyone else with caller ID.
    easy-lift guy
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. BeachysLawn

BeachysLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

What Tony is saying, Easy, is with google voice you can also place outgoing calls TO your customers from your cell phone and it shows up on THEIR caller id as though you are calling from your office number.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. easy-lift guy

OK. When my office phone rings that call along with the callers number appears on my cell phone. The caller's caller ID shows my office numbers, not my cell phone number.. As a general rule I only return calls from my office unless I am out of town on business.
    easy-lift guy