1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking for pics or ideas mounting leaf loader on rear of truck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker-talker, Sep 23, 2006.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I just bought a Isuzu NPR with dump bed. I am looking for pics of those who have their loader mounted on the truck/bed and hinges out. I like the idea of mounting it on the front, but will let me get to back doors and load stuff like pampas grass and other debri. I will have two barn doors that open. It could even mount to one of the doors....if they are built strong enough.

I know you are not suppose to tip a running engine, but is there any concern tipping a non-running engine...when dumping the bed?

2. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Unless the bed goes way past 45 deg I dont think you'd have a problem mounting it to a door while its shut off. Try to position it with the carb facing uphill when its dumping (two doors to choose from, maybe one will set you up that way easily).
  3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Are you going to be towing a trailer with the truck? You can get swing out mounting kits for most loaders that go into the hitch. Or if your a good fabricator or have a good fab shop around they could make a swing out unit that has the reciever built into it so you can still tow a trailer.
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yes, I have to haul a trailer when I use the loader. I didn't really want to attach the loader to the tongue of the trailer. There's a 90% chance I will have a fabricator build something for me on this project. I was just curious if anyone had a similar set-up and would like to see some pics.