Looking for Pistol Grips for a eXmark TT

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ealbertson, Nov 3, 2006.

1. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you have an old eXmark Turf Tracer with pistol grips that you are parting out. I want to convert a TT with ECS to pistol grips. According to eXmark it requires everthing from the gas tank mount, which the handle bars bolt to, on up.

Thanks, Ed

2. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

looking for some of that good old carpul tunnel syndrome?

3. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, that's what I am trying to get away from. The right side of each hand is starting to fall asleep. I think it is from the force on that part of the hand when I push down to raise the front end. I am thinking that with the pistol grips the pressure would be more even on the palm of the hand therefore hopefully eliminating the problem. Did you have carpel tunnel trouble with pistol grips?

Thanks for any input,
    Ed

4. robby

robby LawnSite Member

I used pistol grips for years before switching to ECS last fall. It made a world of difference with my wrist pain. I was getting all the symptoms of carpel tunnel from the pistol grips. You may want to think twice about going to pistol grips. You might just be trading pain from one area to another. Gettin old is he!!

5. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Have you tried putting a spacer on the spring? Or stretching them. When I talked to the dealer about buying one I put my hand on the grips. They were a bit stiff but he siad that with a extra hook on the spring it gets alot looser. You probly tried this. If not I would though.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Ed
    Try and pull back on the mower to lift the front end. you will do this with the mower going forward.

7. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

There is absolutely no way I would consider going back to pistol grip after running ECS.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I did and it sucks:cry:

9. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

my doctor told me i have carpul tunnel already, but its not severe yet.... i think its from having the pistol grips on my Belt driven w/b beause after i use it and while i am using it i cannot feel my hands...... but with the hydro, it has p/g's too but after using it my wrists never hurt and arms never fall asleep.