1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking for pond building magazine

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by MrMow, Nov 18, 2007.

1. MrMow

MrMow LawnSite Member

It seems every other aspect of landscaping has a monthly magazine that goes along with it. Is their one devoted to pond building and design etc??
  2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't know the answer to that but I do know one of the best sites I have ever found for building proper ponds, not water features, proper ponds that work well with low maintenance for years

www.koiphen.com go to the construction forum. This site has a huge amount of info on building ponds, look for threads from Kent Wallace, he is by far one of the best. Nice guy too
  3. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Here are a few good ones that I know of.

Water Garden News
    Pond Keeper Magazine
    WaterShapes Magazine....which is also kind of pool building also.

I think you can sign up for free online for most of these. I get them in the mail once a month.
  4. MrMow

MrMow LawnSite Member

Thanks for your help guys!!!
  5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Water Gardening News is free, and definitely my favorite magazine out of the 13 or so industry related mags that I get each month...although I think Water Gardening News comes out every other month or something like that.
  6. koiman

koiman LawnSite Member
    from So.Cal

7. grntmbfisher

grntmbfisher LawnSite Member
    from NH

Pond Keeper is a really insightful, you can even go to there website and read past magazines.
  8. cindyb

cindyb LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I agree, I mod there.