looking for pruning and plant website

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jsf343, Jan 3, 2007.

1. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello all, I am looking for a website on pruning and info on flowers (just basic info, best times to prune, best methods for certain plants, plant needs, etc) The more simple and with pictures the better. Looking for very basic. Any favorites? Thank you.

Jeff

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

3. jsf343

Thanks, I'll check it out!

4. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

Orhto books puts out a real good book on this subject. The Book is called All About Pruning and I have found it at Home Depot. Its a great reference manual to have in the truck.

5. jsf343

thanks! I will check that out as well. Saw something like that at Boarders the other day. I liked it but didn't want to spend the money on it just yet.

6. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

if you are looking into books as well as the web, try 'the pruner's bible'. it gives you specific info on a wide range of plants. many plants have specific needs & the book does a real good job of illustrating the differences.

7. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I got some good info. from the Virginia Cooperative Extension website; just google 'pruning decidous trees'.

8. jsf343

I havn't heard of that. Where can you get it? probably Barnes and Noble? I will do a google on it. Thank you.

9. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

10. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

There are a lot of useful links on our website that you may want to check out.