looking for quality but versatile stripping kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by atproperty, Jan 27, 2005.

1. atproperty

atproperty LawnSite Member

anyone know where to find a good striping kit that will install on various mowers, zeros and walk behind? I can not go another season with the kit I have from scag that attaches to the axle rod. I have scag, hustler and one MTD Pro walk behind.

Andre

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I use a chain kit. It will work on just about any mower, will not snag in gate tor irrigation heads ect.Works great.

3. atproperty

Thanks! Where could I purchase them?

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I made mine. Got the chain at Lowes and had the scrap piece of angle handy. I got really big size chain, to increase the striping and limit the possibility of hanging in my trailer gate.

chainstriper.jpg

5. atproperty

That was a great idea. I am use to the roller type that does an awesome job. I do not know, but it seems like the chains would leave an uneven stripe. Please tell me if I am wrong. Is one type less superior than the next? I guess there are chains, roller and squeegy type. I apologize if I am being a pain. I just want to make sure that I do not go from one thing to something inferior. Thank You very much.

6. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Here's mine that I made, I haven't seen a mower that it couldn't fit on yet.

7. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used the chains 2 years ago and did the " mud flap" type made out of an old rubber truck bed liner. Both work very well. The mud flap is the cheapest way to go. You could even have a logo put on the rubber flap.

8. big_country

big_country LawnSite Member

cleancut, i was wondering if your stripping kit does a good job, and how did you make it?

thanks

9. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Here's some of the pics. I made it using a lot of metal skills, I have a metal bender, chopsaw, welder, and a good imagination.

10. atproperty

here are some of my stripping pics

720x540_2004lawnsandlandscape84.jpg

720x540_2004lawnsandlandscape55.jpg

720x540_2004lawnsandlandscape54.jpg

720x540_2004lawnsandlandscape10.jpg

720x540_2004lawnsandlandscape7.jpg