Looking for quick adjust mulch plates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by centraldlr, Jan 12, 2006.

  1. centraldlr

    centraldlr LawnSite Member
    Posts: 7

    I am looking to find all manufacturers that produce adjustable mulch plates that bolt onto decks & adjust from operator seat.
    If you have input on any brands or mfgs, please let me know.
     
  2. Envy Lawn Service

    Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 11,062

    Do you mean the discharge chute blockers?

    OCDC... Operator Controled Discharge Chute

    If so, there are several MFG's. But these just block the chute to control the discharge when required. Open 90% of the time, closed on demand the other 10%. So they are not for actual mulching if that is what you are wanting to do. You'll need to buy the mulching kit package from your mower MFG and mount it inside the deck.
     
  3. centraldlr

    centraldlr LawnSite Member
    Posts: 7

    yes, ocdc is what i'm after. any suggestions or mfgs that offer these??
     
  4. Envy Lawn Service

    Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 11,062

    What's it going on?
     
  5. Hard Worker

    Hard Worker LawnSite Member
    Posts: 186


    What make mower do you have??? Make sure someone has put one on theirs first before you order. I've been told by almost all manufacturers that "theirs" will fit my GD Surfer but I've had to send them all back because they will not work.

    My latest trial is the Trimmertrap version, we'll see if it works. By the way they said it would work as well. I havent heard anyone one hear say that they have an OCDC on a stander. Just my experience.
     
  6. Envy Lawn Service

    Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 11,062

    This is probably because you are not discussing which generation of deck is on your Super Surfer.
     
  7. Hard Worker

    Hard Worker LawnSite Member
    Posts: 186

    I have a Generation II deck. Envy if you know of one that fits I would be greatful for any feedback. Thanks!
     
  8. Envy Lawn Service

    Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 11,062

    They are sending what would fit the old deck is my guess.
    You may want to inquire with those you have already tried to see if they make a Gen II.
    Maybe point out your deck is like then new 48/52/61 Chairot decks.
     
  9. Hard Worker

    Hard Worker LawnSite Member
    Posts: 186

    Thanks, I will.
     
  10. Meg-Mo

    Meg-Mo Inactive
    Posts: 1,020

    We have the ACS. Check our web site,
     

Share This Page