Looking for software - need help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by gunney's lawn, Feb 20, 2006.

1. gunney's lawn

gunney's lawn LawnSite Member

I've been trying to decide on a software program for our lawn service business. I'd be grateful for any input on the options that are available out there. There are some programs on the market that are specific to this industry. However,with some of them, I would pay a great deal more for them. Or I would be looking at going with a Quickbooks Pro Program. Has anyone tried any of the software specific to the industry and if so, do you have any feedback for me?

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Go to the business section and do a search. There have been many threads started about this topic, with many, many follow-on posts.

3. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

gunney's I lived in KS. for 31 yrs. Wichita for 20 and Lawrence for 11. Get a program that you can move into not outgrow in 2 yrs. Also, I would recomment one that has variable scheduling. However, that immediately puts you over the $800 mark. I have demoed Service CEO, GroundsKeeper, LawnManagerPro, Gopher, Clip, LawnMonkey, and looked at QClip. Over all I believe I will be going with LawnMonkey, at $849. Good Luck!!!

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Gopher is well below the $850 mark. check them out, they have a free demo

5. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have groundskeeper pro and love it. They have free demo to.

6. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have Groundskeeper pro as well and really like it for the most part. I have also heard a lot of people talk about Gopher in a positive way. I will be switching to Quickbook pro this year as we need a little more for payroll. I am happy with that so far, take patientce to set up though. If you are small
    say 1 to 50 accounts go with something like Groundskeeper or Gopher. If you plan on getting big I would make the jump to Quickbooks. good luck! by the way, why are you called Gunny? were you in the Corps? Jeff

7. Reliable Lawns

Reliable Lawns LawnSite Member

I am a smaller co, part-time, and I use lawnpro for my co. It works well for me, and they art coming out with updates soon. Keeps track of schedueling, expenses, customers status etc. It was only Approx 54 dollars. www.lawnpro.com Just my opinion of what works for me. Good Luck

8. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

For my business plan the variable scheduling is a must. Just my .02cents

9. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

We just started playing around with Gopher, and seem to like it so far.

10. LANDSCAPER30

LANDSCAPER30 LawnSite Member
    from IN

Groundskeeper pro is an excellent software. I've been using it for about 5 yrs now. I have had no problems with it. FREE DEMO---www.adkad.com
    Check it out.