1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

looking for software

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tripihouse, Aug 13, 2002.

1. tripihouse

tripihouse LawnSite Member

i am looking for some quality landscape design software where i can design a plan around my clients existing home using photos from a digital camera....have been searching on the internet for awhile but all i find is $50 programs that won't help me or programs that cost $800+ can anyone help point me in the right direction in what would be a quality buy and a good investment...thanks

2. MPhillips

MPhillips LawnSite Member
    from zone 7

I use a product by Broderbund...it's pretty elementary but you can scan pics in and add features.

3. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Hi,
    Since you're a new member I'll be quite kind. There are numerous posts that can help on this subject, so do a search and you'll have more info than you can digest. That said, I've looked at quite a few of these and the one I preferred was a product called DIG. Around $500 and fairly easy. Welcome aboard and good luck.

4. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

I use a program called imagine your landscape. Bought it at sams 2 or 3 years ago. they no longer have it but i think you can get it at amazon.com. also the disk list thier website as www.macmillansoftware.com I'm sure you could order it direct. Before i bought this I bought about 10 programs that didn't live up to the adds. Now this is all I use. It has a large plant base, and most commenly used landscape materials. Also if you don't find what you want you can go online to their site and get it. I use a digital camera to import my pictures but one of the options is scan a photo. of all the programs i've bought this is the best. Its very easy to use and a very powerful program for the money. I think I paid between $80 and $100 when I got it. Hope this helps you

Dennis

5. Cooper Landscaping

Cooper Landscaping LawnSite Member

the website that you linked too doesnt seem to work? but if its a 5 disk set that youre talking about its on abay for $69.99.
    -Coop

6. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

it is a 5 disk set. thats probably it. well worth the money

7. MJ LANDSCAPING

MJ LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

Got a great package from a company called Design Imaging Group in New York. It is great. Has a large selection of hardscapes, plants, shrubs and trees. Even has a night scape disk to show customers what the job will look like at night with lighting. I have ran this program for 5 years now and it sells itself. Visit www.DesignImagingGroup.com