1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking for solar chandler

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by curry, Feb 27, 2007.

1. curry

curry LawnSite Member

Im looking for a solar chandler to hang at the top of a pergalo that I built. I dont have electricity to it. I want one that will be able to turn off with a switch. Does such a light exist? I dont really want to have to rely on several solar spotlights. Can anyone steer me in the right direction.
  2. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

google "solar chandelier", saw only one. Sorry, don't use solar to help more.
  3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

my suggestion would be find a way to get a power wire to it. either low voltage with a mini trans sized accordingly or line voltage.

Solar lights dont really light up but rather "glow" You can also convert most line voltage fixtures to low voltage. If at all possible steer away from the solar powered products they are not up to snuff and your wasting your money in my opinion. When I googled the term it came back with a line voltage fixture with a model name solar. Further I have never seen a solar light thats switchable.
  4. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I use a low voltage chandelier by Kichler and put a 12v dimmer on it. They make a few different ones.

Solar? Why? Is this pergola so far away from power that you can't run a wire?