Looking for some advice/wisdom on a bush and tree removal

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Marinucci_Landscaping, Jul 4, 2010.

1. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

on my third, nothing beats a few after a day like today:drinkup:

2. Jvan,

I have 3!

3. TMAC

TMAC LawnSite Member

just did this yesterday pulled it all out with a truck, had to dig a little to get the tap root from the end shrubs so i didnt tear up the grass even the dead one was holding tight. 92 degrees full sun wasnt gonna digem. my area id get 600.00 - 800.00 for both trees

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

6-8hunned for both trees?! that's nut's. I just cut down and hauled 6 trees the biggest one was 10inches for 200$ It only took me 2 and a half hours.

I wouldn't touch a tree that big for less than 600$ each, to much to go wrong if your aren't experienced enough to tackle it correctly.

5. TMAC

TMAC LawnSite Member

well i am experienced was a climber for 8 years,ground man for 2 wouldn't even bother to do that with these SMALL trees. different areas get different prices. id have a buyer for the wood there to take it away on the spot leaving about 1 load of brush to take away 4 hours max for me yeah ill do it for that amount

6. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

cost of the chains would be more than renting a skid steer for half a day

7. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

could it be possible that maybe, just maybe he would use them again one day

8. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

twenty years in the business I have never used a "handful of chains" but I guess "just maybe" he might.

9. bradseabridge

I have to agree, In the 5 years of seriously doing this I have used chains maybe 2-3 times for pulling big stuck things out. If I want to get bushes out I just use the winch.

10. bradseabridge

That's impressive I have to say, but I don't think the OP has that kind of experience if he was asking how to take those bushes out and how much to charge. I'm not sayin but I'm just sayin. :dancing: