Looking for some advice,

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnsharkMB, Mar 3, 2012.

1. samsaira

samsaira LawnSite Member

There's your answer in your reply. "He started the residential's on the side". That is basically saying he CANNOT be trusted! Get out of it before you regret it later. Go on you own, its better for you. If you don't know how to run a business, do some research. You went to college. Talking from experience in the past. I had a partner who wanted to go into a pizzaria business with me and being naive I coughed up 10k and never got it back.

2. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I would check with your insurance company aswell. If the insurance is in your name they very well may deny any claim you have while using the truck for company purposes. I have told the story on here of a guy who lost control of his truck infront of a lexus dealer up here and destroyed a few hundred k in cars. The police could tell he was obviously using the truck for commercial use and put it in the report. His insurance denied all claims and he was personally sued for all of the damage. He was hit with fines for driving an improperly insured/registered vehicle and to top it off this all through up red flags for the IRS and he lost everything.

3. LawnsharkMB

LawnsharkMB LawnSite Senior Member

What do you mean when you say he can't be trusted because he did the residentials on the side?
    He had a day job and did a few residentials in the evening. He picked up a couple small commercial accounts and it took off from there.
    Posted via Mobile Device