Looking for some Feedback!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Lynden-Jeff, Oct 17, 2006.

1. WebMan

WebMan LawnSite Member
    from D/FW TX

One thing I noticed: You don't have a description tag. That's the little "blip" search engines put under your title. Without it they will just pick up the first few words of text which may or may not be OK with you.
    Other than if that matters to you, nice looking site :waving:

2. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

He has been a tremendous help to me. Without the assistance from New Idea Hosting, my website wouldn't even be off the ground.
    pc

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I havent SEO'ed it at all but will do when I have more free time. Biggest thing was I wanted to get it up and running. I still need a few tweaks but its on its way.

Thanks
    Jeff

4. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried the portfolio page too and had issues.

I traced it to the contact page, and the portfolio page. The portfolio button brought up a 404 error from itself, and from the contact page link.

As for the site, I like the look of it.

5. WebMan

WebMan LawnSite Member
    from D/FW TX

Just so you understand...that's not SEO (or anything about how you "rank" so to speak, or people finding you) it's what they will see as the listing for your company which is the first thing you should have on a site so it will be "indexed" correctly, later you can worry about SEO (whether you come up #5 or #5,000 in the "list) but I'm talking about what the searcher sees as the "name & description" of your site and/or company when you do come up...which if you don't mind the first few words of your text (if the text pretty well describes who you are & what you do in the first 20 words) that's fine. If they don't you may not like the description you see of what the machines "think" your site is about.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That is correct, please do not think of meta tags as SEO, they are merely the text most spiders would use to properly index your site in the database...
    To use meta tags any other way can easily do more harm than good.

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes I am aware thats not SEO but I have not done any workon the details yet as I just wanted to get the page online. Thanks for the input but I am pretty familiar with this type of working since I run a web hosting company and host all my own sites. I will work on this when I have time in the winter.

Cheers
    Jeff