looking for some good beetle juice,please help.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by get rich, Jul 6, 2001.

1. get rich

get rich LawnSite Member

i'm looking for something to control japanese beetles.they're just starting to pop out everywhere,and eating everything.so i need something to keep them from eating shrubs,perenials,and trees.any info will help.and i'm not looking to re-apply every two weeks either,so i need something with good residule,and should i use a sticking agent?please help and fast before they eat everything........

2. Rodney Anderson

Rodney Anderson LawnSite Member

I like using Orthene 75 Pro it is locally systemic and lasts longer for me than contact insecticides. I mix it at 1 lb. per 100 gal. and repeat sometimes in 25 days upon inspection. Remember that any insecticide labeled for these beetles will work, but the beetle will do some feeding before they are going to be controlled.
    (Customer should be aware of this before the spraying is done, they may expect miracles to happen). If you are looking for quick knock down like right now, I suggest using any product containing Permithrin.