1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for some LED 'spot' lights

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Oct 12, 2012.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

I am looking for some top quality micro spot lights (led) for a new project. They need to be very small in diameter - no more than 1" dia, have a remote driver that fires on either 12Vac or 120Vac, be warm white at 3000K, high CRI of 80 or better, relatively high output - greater than 150 lumens, with 200 being ideal, and rated for outdoor use.

I know of In-Lite but have never been impressed with their quality.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

James, here is a product I found a while back. They say they have warm white but I am waiting for a few samples. I think they run on DC current which wouldn't help you but you may want to verify. http://www.minim.is/thumbtack1.htm

I am not sure what the lumen output is, more than likely its not enough.

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Thanks Tim, I appreciate the info. New product is seemingly sprouting up everywhere and I would have never found this.

It is certainly an interesting looking product and along the right lines, but at only 18 lumens each, and with a potential CCT variability of 500K between units, I don't think it will work for this application.

Let me know what you think once you have reviewed the samples.

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  6. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member

7. djt22

djt22 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

8. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Thanks Richie. They have some interesting fixtures for sure. I would need a lot more information from them before I could specify them as they provide no technical information in regards to output, colour, L70, etc. Thanks for the info.

Thanks djt. These are a bit too large for my needs. They are marketed here under the name magiclite. Very familiar with the offerings of NSL. Regards.

9. Viewpoint

Viewpoint LawnSite Member

I've used a couple of these in the past, and so far pretty good luck. http://www.atlanticwatergardens.com/lighting.html

Of course there's no specs, but the color is fairly warm (the cold side of the claimed 3000K probably), and light output is good, though I cannot quantify it. Probably similar to a 10w halogen source? Cheap enough that you could afford to get one to try out firsthand.

10. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member