Looking for some swampers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DirpRacing, Jan 23, 2001.

1. DirpRacing

DirpRacing LawnSite Member

looking for a set of decent 38" swampers/mudders/boggers to mount on 15X15 rims. i have a 1980 GMC, 6" susp., 3" body.

2. MTCK

MTCK LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

I don't know if you've ridden in a rig with tires like that before, but if you haven't, I suggest you do before you buy any. A buddy of mine had a set of 39.5"'s Super Swamper TSL's on his 87 chevy. They were bias ply, LOUD, didn't go down the highway straight, were impossible to keep balanced, and rode like hell. Now if this is a strictly mudding machine, you can't beat them. If you can afford it though, get the radials. It's also gunna cost you a pretty penny which ever way you go, and they wear down super fast if you drive them on the pavement much. The same guy was running 35x12.50 BFG mud terrains before the swampers, and those were nice tires. Not loud, wore pretty good, quiet and stayed balanced. Just some stuff to think about.

3. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

36" swamper boggers on chrome wagon wheels,15"
    1000.00 you pay the freight

less than 1000 miles

4. DirpRacing

DirpRacing LawnSite Member

big tires are the best part, nothing is better than a rough ride and the hum of the tires as your are going 15 mph. that is what owning a wheeling vechicle is all about.

5. STUMP JUMPER

STUMP JUMPER LawnSite Member

Swampers are great in the mud, clay,and they look really cool. I don't know what the snow is like where you are located, but here in Washington they do alright unless you are in the hills. The best prices I have found is through 4 Wheel parts wholesalers. 38.5/14.50X15 $218 a tire for the TSL-SX $209 for the ssr radials and $288 for the tsl radial their number is 1-800-421-1050 use the order code 912 they say if you order by phone they pay the sales tax.

good luck STUMP JUMPER

6. 85w/350

85w/350 LawnSite Member

Although I dont run swampers or boggers on my vehicle my friends do...I guess you could say we are lucky we live about 20min away from the factory where they make them so any size tire is abundant and at wholesale price if you goto the factory :D

7. UNCLE BOB

UNCLE BOB LawnSite Member

I just saw dick cepek f.c.'s and m.c.'s on desertrat.com on clearence."garage sale" for $99.00 ea. good deal,but small

8. TracStr400

TracStr400 LawnSite Member

Natltire.com has the cheapest prices on swampers that I have seen. The name of the company is National Wheel and Tire.